Saturday 11 June 2011

Australia calling

The past week has been a surprising one to say the least. I told my partner a week ago almost to the minute that I wanted to go home to Australia for a break. There ensued various conversations, flight bookings, long haul flights and driving almost 17 hours to get to my sister's hometown.

I have been keeping a journal of my travels and thought process and I will more than likely publish the entries here. I am now sitting in a place called Townsville, in Queensland Australia. One week ago I was in London having yet another circular conversation with my partner. Now I am liaising via emails with him - he wants to talk, I'm still not really ready. Although I didn't know that I wasn't ready until he asked to talk.

This whole relationship is very confusing to me right now. My girlfriend that I visited on the way to see my sister shed a lot of light on the whole thing - which was brilliant. She too was stuck in a difficult relatioship and encouraged me to be strong when making my decision. Not to think about the what ifs, but instead the what if I don'ts! I might call back in to see her on the way back south to the Sunshine Coast because I'm not sure if my thought process is going to be clarified as much as I thought by my sister. However on thinking about it, perhaps it's my decision to make, and although everyone has been amazingly supportive to date, I know deep down that this is my decision to make.

No comments: