Saturday 11 June 2011

Diagnostic Question # 12

Question
Do you feel willing to give your partner more than you’re giving already, and are you willing to do this the way things are between you now, without any expectation of being paid back?

My answer
I don't know what my answer means. I am still willing to give my partner anything to make him happy (except stay in the same country). However I see this as more of a weakness of my own failing than of a show of my love for my partner. I feel resentful when I give and give and don't get anything (emotionally or otherwise) back from him. I have seen the error in my ways. Caving to his every need isn't making our relationship better, it's simply making me somehow more depended on him for security.

Quick take
When there's nothing left to give, there's nothing left at all.

My prognosis
It doesn't look good here. Maybe on a smaller level I'm willing to give something. But I can't be 100% certain of this as of the time of publication.

The author asks the reader to write out the following, which in my case is true:

As of 11 June 2011, I just don't feel willing to give unconditionally to my partner anything more than I'm giving right now.

No comments: